الخميس، 5 يوليو 2018

This Weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

And hello 4 weeks Long Service Leave, how I love thee. Three weeks will be used sorting, clearing and cleaning out my late MIL's home, next door to us, I really can't wait, we have hired 2 storage sheds to store all the lovely furniture that our Daughter and Partner want for when they build their new home down here. It is a long term project, so the furniture will be in storage for quite a while.

We chose a storage unit that was recommended to us by a friend who had also stored furniture in that same complex, without any issues, it is clean and dry, so we feel the furniture will be safe. The weekly rent is also quite reasonably priced compared to other storage units on the Peninsula. I rang three agents to get quotes and this one was by far the cheapest.

I am quite excited for this next chapter in our lives to begin, as I mentioned in this post, I feel I have just been treading water, not going forward or back, just existing from day to day. These next 3 weeks will be super busy but hopefully, productive, as I start the massive job of clearing out my late MIL's home in readiness for our Son and beautiful Partner to move in and make it their own. Wish me luck.

Now on with the frugal things-

1. Sewed 5 buttons on to my daughters winter coat, she has had this coat for many years and it was quite an inexpensive coat to begin with, over the years it had lost all but 2 of the buttons, leaving it unable to be buttoned up, when I realised this, I rummaged through my button collection for suitable buttons, I hit the jackpot with 5 matching buttons that I had removed from a very old jacket of mine before it went in the rag bag.



2. Kept all the fruit, veg and paper scraps to feed the compost bin

3. Picked up some old PJ bottoms from an Op shop on the Peninsula to make 2 new dog coats. The little dogs will be as warm as toast with this material. One is a flannelette and the other is a very soft and light terry towelling. I will take a pattern off one of the old dog coats, it is a brilliant design, just like a horse coat but in miniature.


4. Rode my bike every where I needed to go last week, as my daughter needed my car to drive to Paddington everyday while they were here guest spotting at another studio.

5. Made a Pavlova to take to work for a colleagues Birthday, using ingredients already at home so there was no outlay of money, just a bit of my time. I also kept the egg yolks and have frozen them for use later on.


What has been your frugal achievements this week?

Have the loveliest of days,
💚Fi

One Year Ago-How I Roast Capsicums 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق